"Department of Mathematics organizing
Five day workshop on"
Advanced Functional Analysis and its Applications
November, 25th to 29th, 2019
Supported by TEQIP-III (NPIU, MHRD, Government of India)
About the Workshop:
Overview & Objectives
Functional Analysis is one of the core areas in Analysis. Several Universities and Institutes offer this subject in their Master's level as well as in their research level. This subject can be taught from many angles depending on the requirement of this subject. Functional Analysis, in its wide sense, includes the study of various aspects of topologies on Vector spaces, stochastic theory, non-commutative harmonic analysis, but its core is the study of normed spaces, together with the study of Function spaces over the various domain, behaviour of the operators on normed spaces both from the linear and nonlinear point of view. Even people who are studying Mathematical Economics, Financial Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering are also using this subject and its various tools in their respective fields. Our prime objective is to offer some advanced topics in this field which would be helpful for a Lecturer and also a research scholar. It is always important and helpful for a Lecturer having a wide range of knowledge in the respective subject and its allied fields. We believe people will get a deeper view and exposure to the subject on attending this workshop.
The course is aimed for the Lecturers, Students, analysts and researchers who have already undergone a first course in Functional Analysis, Complex Analysis and Analysis of single and Multivariable functions.
The workshop is intended for Faculty, Research Scholars/Students from participating TEQIP colleges.
Talk on Grothendieck inequality by Professor Gadadhar Misra:
Talking about my work that connects some problems in operator theory to Grothendieck inequality:
There are two pages in the form for you to fill up. After submitting the form, you will receive a mail from email@example.com with an attachment of the filled form by the end of the day. You need to take a print of this form and write your institution full name if it is not there in the list and get it signed by your institution's TEQIP coordinator/director, and send its scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a mail if your participation is confirmed. Please note that participation is allotted on a first come first serve basis.
Registration Fee for Participants:
- There is no registration fee for Participants from TEQIP supported institutions.
- For the Research Scholars/ Post-Doctoral fellows the registration fee is Rs 3500 + 18%GST. The candidates are requested to transfer the amount to the Bank account of IIT Hyderabad on or before November 13th 2019. The details of the account can be found here.
- The above fees does not include the charges for their accommodation. Research Scholar(or Post-Doctoral fellows) can be accommodated in our Hostel rooms which is available Rs 400/ day basis. These are the rooms with double occupancy and can be blocked by us on prior information.
- The fees for the faculties from non-TEQIP institutions is Rs. 5000+18%GST
- For non-TEQIP institutions faculty and Research scholars, there is no need to submit the form signed by the TEQIP coordinator.
- For any other clarification please contact with email@example.com
Workshop Date: November 25 - 29, 2019
Last date for Online registration is 13th November, 2019 and receiving the scanned copy of the signed registration form is 13th November, 2019. Participation will be allotted strictly on a first come first serve basis
Note: Confirmation mail will be sent on 14th November, 2019.
mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the standard markup language for creating web pages and web applications.